Stories from the journey of fatherhood & brotherhood
The fire service has many traditions. A few unique to Northern Colorado include:
- We are organized like the military and chain of command is alive and well.
- We consider ourselves “family” not co-workers, employees, or associates.
- We eat meals together and share a common table nearly every night on shift.
- Expect to bring your own birthday cake on your birthday for everyone to celebrate you.
- You owe “everyone” ice cream if you run over a curb driving an...